Cannot sync My Documents, My Pictures, etc.

Apr 26, 2013 at 4:55 PM
I am not able to sync the My Documents, My Pictures, or any other folders of this type. Is this intentional, and is this what it means when it says this?
"We are actively preventing syncs of folders that live under Windows, System or Programs as well as folder from removable storage."
I see no reason why I shouldn't be able to sync my personal files folders. Unless this is a problem on my part, but because I can sync any other type of folder fine it's probably not.

I've tried reinstalling, but nothing changed.
Coordinator
Apr 26, 2013 at 5:06 PM
We disabled syncing of so called UserShellFolder like My Documents. In our testing the sync wasn't working very well. However you can sync those folders by going by righ click->properties->location->move. Now move your folder into the SkyDrive folder.
May 2, 2013 at 6:05 PM
Edited May 2, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Yeah, but the whole reason I want to use SSX is so I don't have to do that. I'd rather not go moving ALL these folders around. Besides, the whole reason I want to sync the shell folders is not so I can sync between computers (I recognise that syncing these folders could cause problems), but so I have access to my files when I don't have my computer. I don't have Internet access at my house so I can't directly access the computer through SkyDrive.

I'm not a computer newbie and know what I'm doing, so I wouldn't accidently delete all my files. You should provide an option in the registry or an advanced option that allows using SkyShellX on user shell folders.

Other than this caveat and the fact you can't move the SSX windows (without another method I use—AutoHotkey), I feel like you've done a really good job on SSX.