sync shared folders to desktop?

Jun 10, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Hi - really appreciate the developers efforts and generously sharing their work!
Does anyone know any ways to overcome Skydrive's limitation to not enable shared folders to sync to the desktop - the sync app does not process anything that is in the Skydrive shared folder. This seriously limits collaboration. I could not believe when I found this out after I switched my team over from Box. I look pretty silly to them now.
thanks for any ideas or insights
rgds chris
Coordinator
Jun 10, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Yes, this is really stupid limitation of the Desktop App. I don't know what Microsoft is thinking. I was think about getting at least a browser for folders hared with me into SSX. But actually syncing them would be impossible. That need to be done by Microsoft.
Jun 10, 2013 at 7:52 PM
thanks so much for the swift reply! Nothing we can do at the moment - Miscrosoft support sites are full of complaints about this missing feature and their lack of acknowledging this more proactively so potential users can make an informed choice. Microsoft stopped engaging with the posts on their support site about 6 months ago...I wish I had known this earlier. Moving everyone back to Box.com as of now. Will investigate Sugarsync and Dropbox.
Best wishes to your dev work!
Coordinator
Jun 10, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Look also into AeroFS. Haven't tried myself yet but sounds promising.