This project is read-only.

Version 1.2.1 no option for exisiting destination folders to merge or create side-by-side

Jul 16, 2013 at 9:21 PM
SkyDrive App: Version 2013 (Build 17.0.2011.0627)

A bit of background: I successfully used an older version of SkyShellEx to sync a few dozen folders to my SkyDrive; it worked wonderfully. Sadly, my former HDD failed, forcing me to restore my laptop from a previous disk image and use the SkyDrive app to download any missing files.

Problem: I now have nearly 4GB of data in my SkyDrive directory, but there are no links between that data and the restored directories that the data originally came from. In other words, pre-crash I had synced my Desktop folder to the SkyDrive. Those files still exist untouched, but since restoring from a backup, my restored Desktop folder shares no link to the desired Desktop folder in the SkyDrive directory.

Given the features of v1.2.1 of SkyShellEx, I anticipated being able to install it, click "Sync to Skydrive," and have the application detect that a folder of an identical name already existed in the SkyDrive directory. It would then prompt me, asking if I wanted to merge the data. Instead, nothing appears to happens...at all. I've used a test folder to confirm that new folders can be synced and "un-synced", but the application doesn't offer me the option to merge or sync side-by-side when a folder already exists in the SkyDrive.

Is this a known issue? Has anyone else tried syncing, restoring from a backup, and then merging the restored folders?